It’s hard to trust anything from someone who generally doesn’t look at you straight on.
But here’s what we’ve learned so far about our little Hank, who is 8 weeks old today:
1. He likes our dark wood ceilings. Mesmerized by them, in fact. He can be screaming and then the ceiling catches his eye. Immediately eyes lock and– silence. The binkie falls out, he could care less cause the ceiling is apparently where it’s at.
2. He loves looking to the right. Yup, the right. He would prefer to look to the right than the left especially in his bouncy chair (which makes me think something is wrong with the chair?). He only falls asleep looking to the right in that thing.
3. He loves to be held and cuddled. Especially by people that are more interesting than his own parents (i.e. aunts and uncles)
4. He loves foot massages (which are ‘footsie massagies’ to him). That often quiets him when he’s a little cranky and restless. Tummy massages work sometimes too.
5. He loves getting out of the house. Staying home with me is BOOOORING! He is usually quite a little gentleman in public.
6. He likes to look at his parents, but doesn’t really like smiling yet although we’ve seen a few teasers.
7. He is always hungry. He can eat all day long. But he can also always just suck on his binkie if I’m trying to hold him off for a little bit. He loves him some binkie.
8. He loves the front pack and the sling. Falls right to sleep, better than the car seat now.
9. He hates getting naked
10. He hates baths
11. He loves taking naps with his parents in their bed
12. Sometimes when he spits up he tries to lick it up as it’s rolling down his cheek. Gross.
13. He loves reading US Weekly. Why else would I buy those trashy mags?
copyright 2013 liz stanley // all rights reserved
Hi there! I'm Liz Stanley. Born and raised a New Yorker, plus a few newlywed years in charming Hoboken, I now live in the fairytale city of San Francisco with my husband and son. This blog is a collection of simple ideas for making your home and life more crafty and stylish. MORE >>>