Jared and I decided to try and go for a full week (monday to monday) without going to the grocery store-at all, and without preparation, to see if we can do it. At first I was like, ‘Sounds lame, Jared’. If you know my husband though, he can get anyone excited about anything and minutes later I was opening my cupboards and freezer in pure exhilaration – scribbling down all the possibilities.
Besides a couple tricky things, this should be a piece of cake:
1. We ran out of milk today. So no cereal. Breakfast is going to be slightly tricky. We also have no eggs.
2. We ran out of Henry’s baby oatmeal today which he has every morning and which I add to many of his canned food to thicken it up. So he’ll have to have runny squash and peas for breakfast for a week unless I can find the energy to mash up a couple bananas we have.
3. We’ll be out of bread in a day or so which makes lunch tricky. Although I can always make some dang quesadillas (but no salsa) and be pretty content for a couple days. Again, perhaps if I can muster up the inner Martha Stewart in me I could whip out some of my Mema’s homemade whole wheat bread.
4. We have lots of fresh tomatoes and zucchini from the garden.
5. Worse case scenario? We have a giant Costco bag of burritos in the freezer. We’re golden.
copyright 2013 liz stanley // all rights reserved
Hi there! I'm Liz Stanley. Born and raised a New Yorker, plus a few newlywed years in charming Hoboken, I now live in the fairytale city of San Francisco with my husband and son. This blog is a collection of simple ideas for making your home and life more crafty and stylish. MORE >>>