I teamed up with both photographer Ashley Thalman and the graphic designer on my team, Ashley Aikele, to put together some ideas for wearing colors this season. Sometimes it’s easy to just throw on the gray shirt over dark jeans, but colors can be really versatile as well (and a whole lot more fun!). Also a big thanks to my little sister Katrina for modeling in this feature. She’s flying into San Francisco this weekend and staying with us for two whole months for an internship! I’m so excited! Be prepared to see much more of this gorgeous gal around Say Yes.
1. Buying neutral colored shoes because they “go with everything” is safe but BORING. Your shoes make such a statement! Pick something in a bold color and you will be surprised at how many outfits they will go with (and how many compliments you will get).
2. An easy way to create interest is to pick a color and layer your outfit in different shades of that color. Monochromatic dramatic is what I like to call it.
3. I think it is human nature to get “matchy matchy” when pairing color with color. Try to think outside of the box, red with pink, purple with orange, light blue and red-orange (as seen above) etc.
4. Trade in your “blue jeans” for some BLUE (navy, cobalt, sky etc) jeans. It’s an easy low risk option to add color to your wardrobe. Ya know, if neon pink isn’t quite your thing.
5. Pair a bold color with a bold pattern. Because we all know that bold is beautiful.
6. Turn the volume up to any outfit by adding lipstick. There are so many fun shades out there right now to chose from, tangerine and bright pink being some of my favorites.
Are you embracing color this season? Do you embrace any of these tips above?
copyright 2013 liz stanley // all rights reserved
Hi there! I'm Liz Stanley. Born and raised a New Yorker, plus a few newlywed years in charming Hoboken, I now live in the fairytale city of San Francisco with my husband and son. This blog is a collection of simple ideas for making your home and life more crafty and stylish. MORE >>>