By food contributor Sarah
1 cup raw cashews
1 tablespoons honey or agave
2 tablespoons water
1. Grate the carrots in a food processor fitted with the grater attachment. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In the food processor, now fitted with the blade attachment, blend the dates, apricots, and walnuts until combined but not a paste. Add to the shredded carrots and mix.
3. Add the spices to the carrot mixture and blend.
4. Transfer the mixture to the food processor and blend until the mixture comes together and holds its shape.
5. Fold in the coconut.
6. Using a dry measuring cup (I suggest a 1/3 cup measure) portion out the mixture and frost each cake with a heaping tablespoon of cashew frosting.
Preparation – Cashew Frosting:
1. Whirl the cashews in the food processor, continuously scraping down the sides, until the cashews form a thick paste (a.k.a. cashew butter). This could take a while… just be patient and keep scraping! You can add a few tablespoons of water to encourage the cashews if you get impatient.
2. Add the honey (or agave) to the food processor and blend until incorporated.
copyright 2013 liz stanley // all rights reserved
Hi there! I'm Liz Stanley. Born and raised a New Yorker, plus a few newlywed years in charming Hoboken, I now live in the fairytale city of San Francisco with my husband and son. This blog is a collection of simple ideas for making your home and life more crafty and stylish. MORE >>>